Since incorporation, the Foundation had paid out a total of RM 2.65 million, in form of donations to charitable organizations, relief funds, study awards to first degree university students and educational grants to primary and secondary school pupils.
The first donations were made in 1979 when the late Tun Datuk Haji Sardon as the TYT Yang Di-Pertua Negeri Pulau Pinang personally presented donation to 12 organisations.
Since then till todate, in connection with the Foundation’s celebration of TYT’s birthday, the Foundation had given out donations totalling RM 1,500,000 to at present 40 charitable organisations including Handicapped Children, Lam Wah Ee Hospital, Mount Miriam Hospital, The Penang Homes for the Infirm and Aged, Persatuan Kebajikan Anak-Anak Yatim Islam Pulau Pinang, Ramakrishna Asrama, Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Sepastik, Rumah Orang-Orang Tua Jubilee Perak and special donations.
Donations totaling RM 1.5 million to over 40 various charitable organisations, including the Lam Wah Ee Hospital, Mount Miriam Hospital, The Penang Homes for the Infirm and Aged, Persatuan Kebajikan Anak-Anak Yatim Islam Pulau Pinang, Ramakrishna Asrama, Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Sepastik, the Rumah Orang-Orang Tua Jubilee Perak and including our special donations.
· 1988 – a special donation of RM 60,000 to the Ferry Disaster Relief Fund.
· 1992 – a special donation of RM 8,000 to the TAR College Building Fund.
· 2000 – a special donation of RM 10,000 to the TYT Fire Disaster Relief Fund.
· 3/2005 – a special donation of RM 10,000 to the TYT Tsunami Disaster Relief Fund.
· 9/2005 – a special donation of RM 5,000 to the BM High School Scholarship Fund.
· 1/2007 – a special donation of RM 20,000 to the National Johore Flood victims Fund.
• Since 1991 Study Awards totaling about RM 450,000 to 50 deserving students pursuing first university degree courses. We are pleased to inform that since then more than 35 university students have graduated.
• Educational Grants totaling about RM 700,000 to about 14,000 poor and needy primary and secondary school students from about 350 schools including those from Balik Pulau, Teluk Bahang, Kuala Muda, Simpang Empat, Kubang Semang, Kepala Batas, Sungei Bakap and Jawi.
List of some of the donors to the Hospital Lam Wah Ee :-
# 1. Tan Sri Dato’ Loh Boon Siew’s Organisation RM 7,192,910
# 9. Tun Sardon Foundation RM 142,344
# 10. Dato’ Koh Pen Ting’s Organisation RM 130,740
# 34. Dato’ Yeap Hock Hoe’s Organisation RM 50,300
RM47,700 for poor students – The Star Online Friday, August 22, 2003
THE Tun Sardon Founda-tion is giving out a total of RM47,700 to over 1,000 needy students from 100 Penang schools. Its vice-chairman Mohd Lokman Tun Sardon said each primary and secondary school student would receive between RM40 and RM60 from the education fund. The first batch of five pupils from five primary schools received the grants at the Penang City Bayview hotel recently. They were from SK St Xavier Pulau Tikus branch, SK Sacred Heart, Balik Pulau, SJK(C) Jit Sin, SRJK(C) Pai Teik in Nibong Tebal and SRJK(C) Chung Hwa (B).
The grants were handed out to the students by state Health, Welfare and Caring Society Committee chairman Datuk K. Rajapathy. Lokman told a press conference that the foundation gave out grants to poor students every year and also on the spot donations to flood victims besides donating to college building funds.
RM10,000 Donation to Tabung TYT – BH Article 31/3/05
Terdahulu, Ketua Menteri, Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon, menerima cek bernilai RM10,000 daripada Pemangku Pengerusi Yayasan Tun Sardon, Mohd Lokman Sardon bagi mewakili Tabung Amanah Bencana TYT untuk mangsa tsunami di pejabatnya di Kompleks Tun Abdul Razak (Komtar), semalam.